It’s hard to believe that the Walking Tourists and I have hosted the Midwest Travel Chat for 10 months now. Our year kicked off in January, when we chatted with Clear Lake, Iowa. From there on out, our chats grew and have only gotten bigger and better. October’s Midwest Travel Chat will feature a round up of destinations that we have chatted about in 2015. Here’s a little recap of how our first travel chat went.
On October 7th we will be talking about Clear Lake, Iowa– Cape Girardeau, Missouri– Springfield, Illinois– North Platte, Nebraska– Lincoln, Nebraska– Chicago, Illinois– Racine, Wisconsin, Hendricks County, Indiana- and St. Joseph, Missouri.
Each of these destinations have had a whirlwind of a 2015 travel season and it has been fun to be a part of it. We want to highlight some of the fun that these destinations brought to families the past few months, but we also want to showcase what’s coming up in each of these destinations.
The Midwest is filled with all sorts of interesting and family fun places to explore. We enjoy sharing these destinations with you and hope that you will be inspired to visit and explore after our Midwest Travel Chat on October 7th.
And there are prizes:
- Choose Chicago is giving away one $100 Gift Certificate to Paris Club Bistro
- Springfield, Illinois is giving away one swag bag filled with all sorts of travel goodies featuring Springfield
- Clear Lake, Iowa- ($119.99 value) to one Twitter chat participant
2 Tickets to Sara Evans Dec 5th, 2015 ($70 Value from Surf Ballroom)
Christmas themed gift bundle ($49.99 combined value from CL Chamber)
Limited Edition Christmas by the Lake historical ornament
Santa House historical ornament
Red Clear Lake Tote Bag
- Travel With Sara is giving away one $25 Visa Gift Card
- Hendricks County is giving away a swag bag filled with fun things from Hendricks County
- Best Western Hotel in Lincoln, Nebraska is giving away one free nights stay (blackout dates do apply)
- North Platte Nebraska is giving away a Canteen book package – the Once Upon a Town book by Bob Greene and the North Platte Canteen book by James Reisdorf
If you are new to Twitter Chats. Here’s a helpful step by step guide on how to participate.
WHEN: Wed. October 7, 2015 11 am- Noon (CST)
WHAT: Monthly Midwest Travel Chat
HOW TO PARTICIPATE: Follow the Hashtag #MWTravel
To be eligible to win prizes, you must have at least one tweet during the hour 11 am- Noon (CST) with the hashtag #MWTravel.
Thank you to all of the destinations that have partnered with us these first few months. It has been fun learning about all the hidden treasures that the Midwest has to offer.
Future Midwest Travel Chats include the following destinations:
November 2015: Omaha, Nebraska
December 2015: Kansas City, Missouri
January 2016: Clear Lake, Iowa
If you would like to partner with us to be featured in one of the chats in 2016, leave us a comment on this post and we can make it happen.