July 1, 2015 is our next MidWest travel chat on Twitter and we would love to have you join us. The Walking Tourists and myself have partnered with Racine, Wisconsin to bring you information about this amazing MidWest destination. Set on the shores of Lake Michigan, you will always have something to do or somewhere to explore at your fingertips.
We will be introducing you to the travel team from Real Racine and they look forward to sharing information about this great getaway located between Chicago and Milwaukee.
The chat will kick off at 11 am (CST) and run through Noon. Here’s how to participate:
If you are new to twitter, here is a step by step guide to follow to participate.
WHEN: Wednesday, July 1, 2015, 11 am- Noon (CST)
WHAT: Monthly #MWTravel Chat Featuring Racine, Wisconsin
HOW TO JOIN: Follow the hashtag #MWTravel, and check out the prizes that you have the opportunity to win, just by hopping on Twitter and having a conversation with us.
- An authentic Kringle (Wisconsin’s Official State Pastry)
- A pair of passes to a 2015 Tower Climb at the Wind Point Lighthouse (the oldest and tallest working lighthouse on Lake Michigan.) The tower climbs are available the first Sundays of July, August, September and October.
- A numbered, limited edition Wind Point Lighthouse print.
- Passes to the Racine Zoo — 32-acre lakefront setting with more than 100 species of animals, including lions, giraffes, rhinos, camels and monkeys.
- Passes to the Racine Art Museum — home of the country’s largest collection of contemporary crafts. Current major exhibition is “A Whole Other World: Sub-Culture Craft” that features science fiction and fantasy themes.
- $25 in Downtown Racine cash — good at 50+ shops, galleries and restaurants
We hope to see you on Twitter on July 1st! Our MidWest Travel Chat has been quite a success since we kicked it off on January 1, 2015 featuring Clear Lake, Iowa. The chat gets bigger and better every single month. Thanks for participating and we look forward to hearing about your MidWest travel adventures.