From Steak Fondue To A Musical, Medora Has It All

Medora Musical Finale Feature Image

When I shared with friends I was making a trek across North Dakota, they often said, “Are you going to Medora?”

A HIDDEN GEM IN THE MIDWEST: MEDORA

I had no clue what the hoopla was all about. My road trip took me across I-94, with a side trip through the Enchanted Highway and ended in Medora. Once I arrived in Medora, North Dakota, it did not take me long to figure out what all the hoopla had been about.

Medora

Medora, North Dakota, is simply one of the most charming communities I have ever set foot in. Visitors do appreciate the little gems that you can find while exiting an interstate highway. Once you hop off of I-94 in Western North Dakota and drive into Medora, you will find that you have landed in a sliver of paradise.

CHARMING AND HISTORICAL MEDORA

I had a few hours to explore this charming, little mountain town. Here is where the base of the South Unit of Theodore Roosevelt National Park sits.

Charming Store In Medora

An ice cream shop, historical museums, rocking chairs to rock in, while surrounded by some of the most beautiful scenery you will find in the United States of America.

I had tickets to the amazing Pitchfork Steak Fondue which is held before the Medora Musical begins. I would highly recommend that you take part in this steak supper. It is a nice way to kick off a nice night of music in the Badlands of North Dakota.

Pitchfork Steak Fondue

After the meal, it was nice to walk around the venue area. The stage for the outdoor Medora Musical is located next door.

THEODORE ROOSEVELT WELCOMES GUESTS TO THE MUSICAL

While waiting for the show to start, look who I met?

Theodore Roosevelt

Once you hop on the escalator, you will be escorted to your seating for this musical that only takes place in Medora, North Dakota.

Medora escalator

And in case you are curious as to what the Medora Musical sounds like, here’s a glimpse of what you will experience.

It’s fitting for a salute to Theodore Roosevelt and our National Parks, which are celebrating 100 years this summer.

Many of you know that my home state is Iowa and I was ecstatic to learn that these Iowans are summer performers in the 2016 Medora Musical.

Iowans at Medora Musical

If you are looking for a family-friendly travel experience, Medora, North Dakota has it all! The Medora Musical is a good old fashioned evening of family fun that you will not regret. After all, where else can you ride an escalator outdoors, besides Las Vegas? North Dakota has it all… plan your visit today! If North Dakota is on your bucket list, make it happen now!

Website: Medora, North Dakota

Facebook: Medora, North Dakota

Twitter: @MedoraND

YouTube: MedoraND

*Thank you to North Dakota Tourism for hosting me, North Iowa Collision Center for the rental car and to Chico’s for the comfortable clothing for this North Dakota road trip

20 Comments to From Steak Fondue To A Musical, Medora Has It All

1. SaraB says:

You have got a lot of the U.S. to see, my friend! Start planning now.

2. Great stuff Sara. That steak dinner looks delicious. Delightful experience all around. I find it strange I have never been west of Ohio LOL. The Middle Plains seem like a blast to visit though. There is so much for me to see in my rocking country….now to get around, to see it 😉

3. SaraB says:

I’m so happy to hear from someone as yourself~ It has to be one of the most memorable experiences of a lifetime for those that work there! I hope you return often to visit.

4. Anonymous says:

I spent 3 summers working in Medora during my college years. I continue to return there to visit at least once a year. It is a place that “gets in your blood”. I LOVE Medora and am so happy that you chose to visit, and share your experience!

5. SaraB says:

Happy I could introduce you to a new destination!

6. vishvarsha says:

I had never even heard of Medora! Gauge the surprise when I found out through your blog that there is so much to do there! Very informative post 🙂

7. SaraB says:

North Dakota has so much to offer~ I do hope you will plan a visit to this great state!

8. Wow, looks absolutely charming! Every state in the US has something amazing to see we’ve found, if we get to North Dekota we’ll have to check this out 🙂

9. SaraB says:

Charming little towns dot the Midwest and Medora is no exception.

10. SaraB says:

North Dakota has a lot to offer. Many people never make it to this state, which in my opinion, is a shame. It’s one of the most beautiful states in the U.S.A.

11. Natalie says:

I had no idea North Dakota was so cool! I’ll have to do a USA roadtrip sometime!

12. How adorable! I’d love to visit one of these charming little towns. And the scenery looks beautiful as well! A great place to just relax and enjoy life.

13. SaraB says:

You can enter the South part of Theodore Roosevelt National Park right in the town of Medora- lots to see and experience!

14. Supriya says:

I’d never heard of Medora until I read your post and this is informative. I also looked up the Theodore Roosevelt National Park and this could be a nice town to check out on the side.

Thanks for sharing!

15. anna says:

Oh wow this looks great. I love the outdoor area.

16. SaraB says:

I had a GREAT time in North Dakota and I cannot wait to return.

17. Love it! So happy you enjoyed your time in North Dakota!

18. SaraB says:

Yes, it was a Legendary North Dakota road trip!

19. suzannestavert says:

Boy it sure looks like you had a wonderful trip! What a beautiful state, how charming!