Family Experience In Hamilton County Indiana: Conner Prairie

Featured Image Conner Prairie

Conner Prairie, located in Hamilton County Indiana, is one of those places that you and your family will find yourselves returning to year after year. On a recent visit to Indiana, I was delighted to have the opportunity to explore and learn all about this gem in Hamilton County. When is the last time you were up close with a covered wagon?

Covered Wagon

Tip: Plan to visit at different times throughout the year, as the events and things to do change with the season.

Here is where families can experience the life of a Lenape Indian, visit a prairie town and even climb a tree house!

Conner Prairie Tree House

Conner Prairie is one of those places that welcomes families of all ages and offers opportunities for visitors to interact and learn of a time long ago. Let’s face it, in our crazy, busy world of today; when do kids have the opportunity to watch chickens explore a yard or even take flight in a hot air balloon?

Yes, you can do that in Hamilton County at Conner Prairie!

Kids of today are always intrigued by a one room school house. You can experience the simpler classroom of yesterday and see how students practiced their spelling. A chalkboard and a piece of chalk appear magical when it comes to reading and arithmetic.

A visit to Conner Prairie would not be complete without meeting some animals up front, close and personal.

goats at Conner Prairie

Conner Prairie is home to arawpawa goats, a rare encounter in the United States. Here you can discover and learn about unique animals and also those that you may see a little more frequently. The animals specialists are ready and excited to answer your questions. You will quickly learn that the staff at Conner Prairie are not only passionate about what they do, yet they genuinely care that you and your family have a positive experience during your visit.

The budding science enthusiast, friend of agriculture and animal lovers will fall in love the moment they set foot on Conner Prairie. The nature trails and the William Conner House will give you insight as to what life was like during the Pioneer Days. Life was a lot simpler and I love that there are still places like this.

outdoor play area Conner Prairie

Here is where families can learn how their ancestors lived and slow down for a day to reflect. This is a working farm with a stunning outdoor museum. Stroll through the indoor museum and discovery station (for kids through 9 years of age) before you spend a large chunk of your day in the outdoors.

When is the last time you and your family experience a slower paced, family fun day? Make time to explore Conner Prairie, in Hamilton County in Indiana, as you will be glad you did. With so much to see and do, plan to spend a full day at Conner Prairie.

Hamilton County is an area loaded with history, nature, music, horseback riding and all sorts of family fun experiences.

*Thank you to Hamilton County Indiana and Conner Prairie for hosting me. Your hospitality was top notch.Β

Connect with Conner Prairie and Hamilton County Indiana to stay up to date with what is happening on a day to day basis.

Website: Conner Praire

Website: Hamilton County Indiana Tourism

Facebook: Conner Prairie

Twitter: Conner Prairie

Instagram: Conner Prairie

YouTube: Conner Prairie

23 Comments to Family Experience In Hamilton County Indiana: Conner Prairie

1. SaraB says:

You would love this place! It’s loaded with history and fun things, as well.

2. Tonya says:

This has been on my list of places to visit for awhile now. I really want to ride in that tethered balloon!

3. This truly seems like a breathtaking place! No doubt you had a spectacular time!

4. SaraB says:

You are spot on~ A hot air balloon, tree house and even a covered wagon, make for a perfect family day out and about.

5. Looks like a great day out for the family! The tree houses looks fab as well. I would be eager to explore that area πŸ™‚

6. Tree houses and hot air balloons? Sign me up! My family and I would absolutely have a blast here. Thanks for putting Conner Prairie on my radar πŸ™‚ Happy travels.

7. Nancy says:

I have never been up close to a covered wagon! Connor Prairie sounds like a wonderful place for an immersive prairie experience – I can see why it appeals to families.

8. SaraB says:

Yes, this is perfect for kids! You will find that your kids won’t want to leave.

9. SaraB says:

Looks like a visit needs to be on your radar!

10. Drew says:

Connor Prarie looks like a fun spot! My wife’s family lives in Bloomington, and we spent a better part of a few months there recently, but never made it to Hamilton County. That hot air balloon looks like fun!

11. Ive only spent a brief time in Indiana and haven’t heard of Conner Prairie, but looks like the perfect place to go with kids!

12. Hi Sara,

Never heard of those cute goats. Definitely gotta get to Middle America and especially Indiana. The natural beauty enthralls me but I am also a hoops addict/fan so a trip to the Hoosier State is up my alley πŸ™‚ Thanks for sharing!

Ryan

13. SaraB says:

Yes, Hamilton County offers a lot. Have you spent anytime in Indiana?

14. What unique and fun experiences in Hamilton County. I need to spend some time exploring Indiana.

15. SaraB says:

They are cute, aren’t they?

16. Indrani says:

Indeed a good dose of fun experience. I like such places, so unique and dreamy πŸ™‚
    I want to meet up with those cute little farm animals.

17. SaraB says:

Yes, an all around good experience for everyone. Now I am wondering how many Hamilton’s there are out there, thanks to you.

18. Funny, my husband is from Hamilton, but Hamilton, Canada, not Indiana. Conner Prairie sounds like a fun day out and a good learning experience for kids.

19. SaraB says:

There are some hidden gems out there that do bring us all back to the simpler times. We often have to look a little harder to find them.

20. Tree houses are my fave, I would travel far and wide to enjoy one. Looks like a gorgeous part of the world. I sometimes wish we could go back to a simpler way of life.

21. SaraB says:

I agree~ it’s a fantastic fun way to enjoy the day!

22. altyfc says:

That is some tree house!! Not a part of the world I know at all, but looks to be a great destination for a family getaway.

23. A slow paced day away from electronics sounds like great family bonding