Located in Central Indiana – between Bloomington and Indianapolis – lie Hendricks and Morgan Counties. They are connected by food, art, and fun through the Rural Routes to Main Street Cultural Trail. On their own, Hendricks County and Morgan County have their own identities ready to welcome visitors.
Hendricks County takes you back in time with a trip to the days of Andy Griffith in Danville, at the Mayberry Cafe and during the annual Mayberry in the Midwest in May. From personal experience, I can tell you that you need to experience the fried chicken at the Mayberry Cafe!
Get your motor running with a trip to the Chevrolet Performance U.S. Nationals over Labor Day weekend. Stop in for a sip of wine at a local winery or try the craft brews on tap at a nearby brewpub. Grab some fresh flowers or other goods at the Danville Farmer’s Market and a sweet treat from the confectionery.
In Morgan County, check out homestyle cooking at several of the local restaurants. You can spend an afternoon grabbing a treasure or two at the antique shops on main street. Morgan County will take you to a place you will want to call all yours.You might find yourself relaxing along the river via kayaking or hiking on forest trails. You can also check out a tour of a local farm and learn how the bees make honey or the various uses for lavender.
We’ve just touched a few items here and have so much more to share about what you can experience. Make sure to mark your calendars to join us.
If you are a new Twitter Chat participant, here’s a step-by-step guide to follow on how to participate.
Check out the prizes that you have the opportunity to win, just by hopping on Twitter and having a conversation with us:
- 2 Suite tickets to the 2016 Chevrolet Performance U.S. Nationals at Lucas Oil Raceway on Saturday, Sept. 3
- 2 weekend passes to the Indiana Short Film Festival, Oct. 7-9, at the historic Royal Theater
- A Visit Hendricks County goodie bag
- A cultural prize package, including locally made items from around Morgan County from the Art Sanctuary, Hunter’s Honey Farm, Willowfield Lavender Farm and the Martinsville Candy Kitchen.
- A Morgan County foodie package with a minimum of $50 in gift certificates to local restaurants that are members of the Indiana Foodways Alliance.
See you on Wednesday, August 3rd, on Twitter! Be sure to use the Hashtag #MWTravel
Sharing is caring!