Horseback Riding In Hamilton County Indiana

Trail Ride Feature Image

Trail rides, horses and more is what you will find in Hamilton County Indiana. As you know,I love to go horseback riding and the trails in Hamilton County did not disappoint. K-Trails Equestrian Adventures recently hosted me on a horseback ride that was over the tops.

Sara on horse in Indiana

I have not spent a lot of time in Indiana and was a little leary about what this particular trail ride would be like. I was pleasantly surprised, as to the awesome nature experience that I was introduced to in Hamilton County.

Our trail guide gave us a safety lesson and even included information on keeping the trails clean. K-Trails Equestrian Adventures offers family trail rides, guided rides, sunset rides, pony rides and more. The family trail ride is a 90-minute experience, including instruction, outfitting and the trail ride. Longer rides and private family experiences are available at an additional expense. The age requirement for all trail rides is 7 and older. Parent / Grandparent assisted pony rides are available for children younger than 7 years old.

The trail is shared with bicyclists and people out walking and/or running. On the trail ride I was on, we had no issues whatsoever; in regards to sharing the trail. As with any trail ride, most of the horses know exactly where to walk, who to follow and where they go. I was over the moon thrilled, as he trees were just beginning to pop in color on the day I rode the trails.

Spring floral in Indiana

One can only imagine how beautiful this trail ride is in the thick of fall foliage. I have no doubt that fall brings extraordinary color to this area.

It’s important to note that this particular trail riding business, only offers guided tours. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly, which made the experience even sweeter. Horseback riding is an activity that families can enjoy while visiting Hamilton County Indiana. Don’t you agree that this horse is the sweetest looking thing ever? He’s so sweet that I have honestly forgotten his name!

Horse in Indiana

I am not aware of many opportunities like this across the midwest, so I was extremely excited to learn of this adventure. When is the last time you and your family went on a trail ride?

Reservations should be made ahead of time.In order to avoid any disappointment, I would suggest reserving your spot here or calling 317-770-8835.

Follow K-Trails Equestrian Adventures on Facebook and visit their website here.

*Thank you to Hamilton County Indiana and K-Trails Equestrian Adventures for hosting me.

25 Comments to Horseback Riding In Hamilton County Indiana

1. Oh, this one is fresh for me to know about Indiana. Horseback riding with a good taste of nature is really a good combination.

2. titi81 says:

I love horseback riding but I am not an experienced rider. This guided tour over the beautiful trails is exactly for me.

3. SaraB says:

Sounds like a horseback ride should be in your future!

4. Looks like so much fun! I love horseback riding! I used to ride when I was five years old.

5. SaraB says:

Cash sounds like a fun horse with personality!

6. Carolin says:

I love horseback riding, especially in different countries, looks like so much fun! 🙂

7. That a is beautiful horse indeed. I’ve only gone horseback riding once, and it was extremely memorable. My mare Cash was quite the strong-willed horse!

8. SaraB says:

Go for it~ this was a great experience!

9. Drew says:

What a fun outing. I’m in Indiana right now (Bloomington), so might be worth a day trip. I had no idea such a company existed in Hamilton County, so I will check it out!

10. Fernanda says:

Awesome, seems like the place to finally get rid of my fears with horse 😉

11. SaraB says:

You will LOVE Hamilton County~ Enjoy!

12. SaraB says:

Yes, the foliage was ideal!

13. Sounds like you went at the perfect time to enjoy the foliage- great photos!

14. Love the blooming redbuds in the spring forest. I’m actually going on an adventure trip in Hamilton County in June. I am hoping to do zip lines and canoeing. It looks like a beautiful region. Love your pictures.

15. sherianne says:

That horse is definitely the sweetest thing ever and this is a great idea for some relaxed family time!

16. Natasha says:

Looks like great fun. I’ve never done horse riding – maybe this is my chance

17. SaraB says:

The one thing about this trail, is that bicyclists cannot go real fast, as it’s not wide open. I’m sure you have plenty of adventures to tell of, as a trail guide.

18. We try to horseback whenever we can, though it depends if we see the animals were taken care of or not. Spent a week in a ranch in Montana, loved it!

19. I love when we get to ride horses when traveling. I have to say though, sharing a path with bikes would make me a bit wary. I used to be a trail guide and had some of those surprises. 🙂

20. SaraB says:

Hi name was Willie! We bonded in a good way.

21. Maddie and I love horseback riding and this looks like it would be a perfect mother-daughter experience! Maddie is wondering what is the name of the horse you rode.

22. SaraB says:

I know that I am introducing a new activity to many people, in regards to the state of Indiana.

23. SaraB says:

No, but they talk about pack it in, pack it out. I have never heard anyone talk about basic trail respect before going on a trail ride. I have heard this type of talk before a hike, but not a horseback ride. And yes, they do clean-up on the trail, on a daily basis.

24. lclalor says:

I chuckled when I read about keeping the trails clean. Do you carry a garbage bag and shovel? You definitely look like you know what you’re doing on a horse, Sara.

25. Sara looks like fun. When I think Hoosier State I think hoops, not horseback riding. Way cool.

Ryan