My home state is Iowa and many of you often ask me about it. I have lived in Iowa all of my life. When I say that I live in Iowa, the response usually is, “Oh, my brother used to live in such and such a town.” It is true- every person has an Iowa story. Here are some of my favorite photos of Iowa. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
Grab your copy of 100 Things To Do In Iowa Before You Die
IOWA IN PHOTOS
Southshore Donut Company: Clear Lake, Iowa Tip: There is something going on all the time in this Iowa lake town.
HISTORY, NATURE, AGRICULTURE, AND ART ALL WRAPPED UP IN IOWA
The landscape changes as the seasons change. Each season has its own character with an opportunity to experience new things. Hop off of I-35 and swing into Clear Lake and visit the legendary Surf Ballroom. You can stand where Buddy Holly played his last concert. Pack your boots, as it’s a 1/4 mile hike to the crash site, located right outside of town. Here are the directions to the Buddy Holly Crash Site. From the Surf Ballroom, drive north on Buddy Holly Place. Turn right at the stoplight onto U.S. Hwy 122. Drive a half-mile and turn left onto N. 8th St. Drive north about five miles and turn right onto 310th St, which is a gravel road. Drive 1/4 of a mile and turn left (north) onto Gull Avenue. You will see the iconic black glasses, as you near the path to the crash site.
This is just a glimpse of what my home state of Iowa has to offer. Come and visit. You can order your Travel Iowa Guide here.
Places to see and things to do in Iowa:
- The Iowa Find of the Year: Little Swan Lake Winery- Bed and Breakfast
- Emmet County Historical Society Museum Complex: Estherville, Iowa
- Pella, Iowa: Tulips and Chocolate
- Iowa’s Award Winning Canteen Lunch In The Alley- Ottumwa, Iowa
Happy Traveling~ Sara
Latest posts by SaraB (see all)
- Fall In Love With Doll Making In Shipshewana - November 29, 2023
- The Best Iowa Travel Books - November 21, 2023
- January Is A Great Time Of Year To Visit St. Augustine, Florida - November 20, 2023